Sunday, March 7, 2010

First Planting of Tomatoes

Last year(2009) I planted the following varieties on March 28:

  • Sugary F1 Hybrid
  • Sub Arctic Plenty
  • Early Girl Hybrid
  • Tiny Tim
If I recall, I think this was a bit late but I ended up with a reasonable crop that matured soon enough.

I decided that I should plant a few tomatoes a little early.  I will plant every weekend until the end of March to spread things out a bit and to ensure I have good germination seeing as some of my seeds are several years old.
 
Today I planted 4 plants of Sugary F1 Hybrid.  Last year was the first year planting this variety and it was our family's favourite.  This produces a cherry sized tomatoe of reddish pink color but with oval shaped fruites slightly pointed at the blossom end. 
 
I am going to wait 1 week before I plant other varieties.


No comments:

Post a Comment