Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mini hoop greenhouse temperature tests

Last night I put out a digital thermometer inside of the greenhouse. This gadget has a feature that logs the min and max values. I don't know the exact outside temperature that we had but I think it was a low of -2 and a high of +16. Inside the greenhouse the thermometer had a min of -1.6 and a high of +34. I guess that means the house is doing a great job of warming the cold soil. In this test the one end was wide open as I haven't completed the build but I think this system will work.
Iast week I ordered a digital thermometer circuit to hook up to a microcomtroller to build a real nice logger but that's a topic bes left for another day. Hopefully I will have some time this spring to work on my automation projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment